January 2019 Outings

Dear FBC Members,

We have 2 outings coming up in January, 2019.  The first is Sunday, January 13 to Blandy Experimental Farm, Sky Meadows, and ending up at Stone Bridge to watch the Short-eared Owls at dusk.  Last year we included lunch at the Lone Oak Tavern – please let me know if you plan to attend and if your preference is to stop for lunch at the tavern.

The second is an overnight to Virginia Beach the weekend of January 26-27 details of which are still being put together and will include a stop at Island 4 of the CBBT Sunday at 8:00am.  I have the date and time reserved for a police escort but we need to have a list of those who want to participate and a competed, signed form (attached) scanned in and sent to me asap.  There is a limit of 15 participants for one police escort.  We’re looking into accommodation which looks reasonable and we can car pool across the CBBT to minimize the bridge toll.  A recent list of species seen at Island 4 on December 26 included Common Eider, Harlequin Duck, Razorbill, Purple Sandpiper, Snow Bunting, Harbor Seal, Humpback Whale, and possible Thayer’s Gull.  Pretty exciting!

Please respond to my personal email listed above – sally.knight60@gmail.com.

Happy New Year,

Sally